Join us early for several indepth Pre-Conference Workshops, which are half-day hands-on sessions that feature a more focused, in-depth exploration of a particular distance learning topic. Pre-registration and an additional fee of $75-$110 per workshop is required.
State Authorization 101*
$110 March 20, 10 am - 2 pm
- Tom Dolan, Associate Director of Operations, eLearning and Academic Partnerships, Texas Tech University; Mary Agnes Larson, Associate Director for Student and Institutional Support, NC-SARA; Wanda Barker, Director S-SARA, SREB; Marianne Boeke, Senior Associate, National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (NCHEMS); Facilitators: Lynda Murphy, Director, Texas Woman’s University Teaching and Learning with Technology; Allison Rogers, Communications Coordinator, Texas Woman’s University Teaching and Learning with Technology; Laura Storms, State Authorization Manager, University of Texas at El Paso
- Includes box lunch
- Ideal for those new or wanting to learn more about State Authorization
- Fundamentals and best practices of institutional state authorization compliance
- Answers the questions of what regulators want and how institutions should practically respond
- Participants are asked to bring a notebook computer for hands-on activities including working in groups to search the web for the components of federal regulation, state and institutional members of NC-SARA, researching the requirements of professional licensure boards in various states, and reporting on web-based general disclosure best practices found on peer institution web-sites
Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR)*
$110 March 20, 10 am - 5 pm
- Anthony Salinas, Instructional Designer, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley; George W. Handley, Instructional Designer
- Includes box lunch
- Learn the underlying principles behind the QM Rubric and the critical elements of the QM quality assurance process.
- Learn to apply the concept of alignment and draft helpful recommendations for course improvement.
- APPQMR is the prerequisite for the Peer Reviewer Course, which is the required course to become a QM Peer Reviewer.
Becoming Agents of Change for Accessibility
$75 March 20, 12:30 - 4 pm
- Dr. Tricia Ritschel-Trifilo, Wayland Baptist University; Raymond Rose, President, Rose & Smith Associates; Dr. Jackie Luft, Assistant Director of Accessibility, Texas Tech Worldwide eLearning; Janet Kamps, Instructional Designer, Stephen F. Austin State University
- Explore the fundamentals of Accessibility in Distance Education
- Recent enforcement actions by the OCR and DoJ
- Administrative policy, compliance and procurement of resources
- Practical applications for making digital content accessible
* The $110 Fee for the State Authorization 101 Workshop and the Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) Workshop are for individuals who are ALSO registering for the TxDLA Conference as an ADD-ON workshop. There are "One Day Only" versions of the same workshops available if you are NOT registering for other portions of the TxDLA Conference. Price for the One Day Only is $270.